Thursday, October 14, 2010

'The Sleeping Beauty' Ballet in Portland....

The girls and I attended The Sleeping Beauty produced by Oregon Ballet Theatre at the Keller in Portland.  What a treat!  Tchaikovsky’s music never sounded better!  We enjoyed every moment -- and were able to appreciate it so much more since we've been studying the story, the composer and elements of the choreography. The girls were able to spot the Pas de deux (a dance for two).

I snapped a few photos during the closing bows. 
The costumes, music, dancing & sets were stunning!
So thankful for this opportunity to see this fantastic performance for $2/seat.  
Yay, homeschool discounts!!


6 comments:

Faith said...

Lovely! I'm taking my 9 yo dd to see Swan Lake in April. Can't wait!

Robyn said...

Looks like you had a great time! We need to do more of this... but, well... the ballet is just not the same with my boys....hmmmmm! :-)

Amy said...

Looks like fun! The costumes are beautiful.

Cara said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I can't wait until my girls are old enough to go to the ballet.

Robin Johnson said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day. We love the ballet!

Bright Sky Mom said...

Gorgeous costumes! And $2 a seat?? Wonderful!!!! :)
Abi's coloring page is lovely too!
Lee