Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Autumn Leaves Stained-Glass Craft

October seems an appropriate time to pass on my 
favorite childhood craft to my wee ones.  
First,
Gather leaves which are starting to change color...
Arrange on a piece of waxed paper...
 Sprinkle crayon shavings from old crayons...
 

Big sis chopped some old crayons for the girls...

 Place another piece of waxed paper on the leaves & crayon shavings,
place carefully atop a towel, cover with a paper towel -- and iron...
 Looks great!  But it needs a frame to finish the masterpiece....
 Measure & cut your border strips...
 
 Trim your stained glass edges....
 Glue your border strips....
 Hang in your window and enjoy!
Good times!

10 comments:

Hen Jen said...

that is one of my favorite childhood crafts, too!

Dacia's School said...

that is so cool I have never seen that before we are gonna have to try that

Carrie said...

Awwww ... I love this!! Tell your girls that they did a great job!! ;)

Robin Johnson said...

Neat craft. I remember doing the crayon thing in preschool. I like the added leaves.

Mary said...

Love this! Now for the challenge to find leaves changing colors around here :)

Mary

Unknown said...

Beautiful! :)

Cara said...

I've never seen that either, but I want to try it now! My girls would love that, thanks for sharing!

MammaRuss said...

That is my childhood fave also! Thanks for the reminder.

Sydni said...

I did that when I was little too, but had forgotten! What fun; thanks for posting.

TerriG said...

We did this years ago, thanks for the memories.