Monday, October 24, 2011

In Which Abi & Aly Feed The Hungry...

The girls have pleaded for the opportunity to give food to local homeless people. 
 They decorated lunch bags with hearts & quarters...

 They filled baggies with candy...
 They scooped hot pulled pork onto sandwich rolls...
 Wrapped the hot sandwiches in foil...
And kept them warm in our oven until we left the house.
They filled the lunch bags with a Clif Bar, banana, baggie of candy, string cheese, juice box, yogurt, sandwich, napkin, plastic fork & spoon.
 
 

 We piled in the car and Aly prayed that God would lead us to 6 people who needed a special blessing today.  
 This gentleman was extremely hungry and thrilled with our gift.  The girls were ecstatic when they saw him eating the lunch they prepared.
 This elderly couple  gladly took the lunches and quickly hopped on their bus.
This gentleman, David, sat with a cardboard sign at a busy intersection.  Abi handed him his lunch out the car window. 

The girls & I are excited to make this a family tradition.  

FEEDING GOD’S CHILDREN by Abi

Today was absolutely marvelous, sunny & wonderful as we prepared and delivered food to bless hungry people holding signs on the street corners.  First, we made lunch for the homeless poor people and we hoped God would lead us to them. Next, we went looking for someone to feed and saw a man and gave him a sandwich and lunch bag full of good things to eat. We had fed many people including a man named David, a woman and man waiting at the bus stop, and two men from Goodwill. We fed six very hungry people today who needed homes and care. I felt happy and glad that I fed those poor people who were dirty, tired and hungry.

9 comments:

G said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful thing to do! One of my kids' annual activities is helping out at a food bank, and I am glad to see other kids making a strong community connection and an effort to help those less fortunate.

MissMOE said...

Ahhh, this brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful for you to step out of your comfort zone to help others. We often help feed the homeless at a local church. My kids never want to miss the opportunity to go.

Anonymous said...

What a great activity to do with your girls. My parents and I use to do something similar to this when I was younger, and the lessons learned have always stuck with me.

Hen Jen said...

wow, that is really lovely!

Sonshine Classical Academy said...

That is so sweet and inspiring. I got a little teary reading this, but it also made my day! I love reading/hearing about people doing such selfless things. Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

Very sweet :) Servant's hearts for sure. I love her summary of the day!

Regena said...

How wonderful for all involved! I am glad that they want to continue this. My family does lunches every month during the winter for our local "Room at the Inn" participants and I know, even with help and an assembly line, how long it takes to fill those bags. Good for them, God bless and keep them!

Regena

Kelli said...

I love this!! I know it's something my boys would enjoy doing. Thanks so much for sharing.

turtle4christ said...

Great job everyone!